Your browser is not supported. Please use IE 8 or above.
Success in BNI means you need to be a positive and supportive member of an organisation which is based upon a philosophy of mutual support. This requires commitment to your fellow members as well as to the philosophy of ‘Givers Gain’: by giving business to others, you will get business in return.
CODE OF ETHICS to be followed by members:
1. I will provide the quality of services at the prices that I have quoted.
2. I will be truthful with the members and their referrals.
3. I will build goodwill and trust among members and their referrals.
4. I will take responsibility for following up on the referrals I receive.
5. I will live up to the ethical standards of my profession.*
6. I will display a positive and supportive attitude with BNI members.
*(Professional standards outlined in a formal code of ethics, supersede the above standards.)
While you are a member of BNI and for a period of 6-months after you have ceased to be a member of BNI, you undertake:
1. All internal control systems, including accounting and administration
2. Financial details of BNI’s relationship with its suppliers and members
3. Names of members and potential members
4. All group operating procedures
5. All other matters that relate to the business of BNI
(All of the matters set out above shall only be deemed to be BNI’s trade secrets if they are peculiar and special to BNI and its business). Should any part or portion of this agreement be held invalid the remainder of the agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
BNI New Zealand will take all reasonable precautions in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 to safeguard its members' personal information against loss, misuse or unauthorised use or disclosure. Personal information held by BNI New Zealand about its members can be accessed by the members, and the members have the right to request correction of that information, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
Members who do not wish to be listed on the main BNI public website or their own chapter website can elect not to display their details at any time by removing the check mark against the “Show me on BNI Public Websites” option in their BNI Connect profile.
The BNI websites are not to be used for the purposes of generating mailing lists/spam emails.
BNI New Zealand
PO Box 60521
You can also contact us via our secure online form.
Copyright BNI. All Rights Reserved. All company names, product names logos included here may be registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.